I do love hummus. All kinds. A friend of mine even threw roasted beets in her hummus once and made an incredible pink hummus. I like to sometimes add olives into it as well, or roasted red peppers. The sky is the limit.
But I bet you’ve never had a hummus made with peanut butter! The reason I tried this is that I dislike tahini – it smells weird and often goes bad in my fridge. Peanut butter I always have on hand. Try it, you just might love it!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can of chickpeas – drained and rinsed
- 2 lemons – juiced (less if using bottled juice)
- 1/4 cup or so of water
- 2 TB of natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp good quality cumin
- 1/2 – 1 tsp sea salt (start with half and then taste)
- 1 tsp sriracha or your favourite hot sauce
- olive oil to drizzle in – I used about 3 TB…
I like an incredibly smooth hummus. So I throw all the ingredients into my vitamix and blend away, drizzling the olive oil in as I go. If you like a chunkier version, make sure to mince your garlic and use a food processor. Let me know what you think!