These fantastic little meatballs are easy to make and great as an appetizer or a meal. There are endless combinations of ingredients, use what you have in your fridge. We like to eat these with rice and cooked peas, but they can be an appetizer served on individual Asian spoons or the old fashioned way skewered with a toothpick. Eat them hot, cold or at room temperature.
- 1 pound ground meat (I used beef today)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup panko – or dried breadcrumbs
- a few chopped green onions
- very small diced veggies – about a 1/4 to 1/2 cup – I used red pepper today but you can also use bok choy or grate in some carrot
- 2 TB chopped fresh herbs if you have them – I used cilantro today and saved a little to top the meatballs with, use parsley, or omit
- 2 TB soya sauce
- 2 TB of your favourite mixed Asian spice – I used epicure today but love the ones from Silk Road spices as well
*if you don’t have an Asian spice mix, add in some ground ginger, onion powder and garlic powder, some sesame seeds if you have them, and a pinch of sugar.
Lightly mix together and form 24 balls. Place in mini muffin tin sprayed with cooking spray. For an extra kick, put a teaspoon of teriyaki sauce on top of each ball.
Bake at 375 F for 20 minutes, they will be done perfectly. Enjoy!