I have so many posts to catch up on! My first holiday season as a vegan was not without challenges but overall was a success. I threw a cocktail party and my guests didn’t seem to miss the meat and dairy too much. Navigating a fancy gala Christmas party was much harder (good thing I ate before we went). I also prepared some fun dishes to take to my family Christmas dinner. I’ll post these recipes and pictures over the next few days.
The first recipe was one I concocted for my husband and I as we watched our favourite Christmas movies – Love Actually, Elf and Four Christmases.
- Bake the potatoes in the oven, cut into wedges and scoop out most of the potato.
- Place wedges onto a cookie sheet, brush lightly with oil and sprinkle on salt and pepper.
- Broil for 5 minutes until potatoes begin to crisp.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on vegan cheese (we love Daiya for anything needing to be melted – we do not love it cold!!) and coconut bacon.
- Broil for another 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cashew cream and chives.
- Chow down guilt free!!!