I have been sick with a cold for the past two weeks. The cold is almost gone but I have been left with a dry cough and a nasty case of laryngitis. I did a 3 day juice cleanse to try and push the remnants of the bug out of my system. I am feeling better but still have no voice.
This juice is cucumber, apple, celery, ginger, turmeric, mint, cilantro, parsley, lemon, jalapeño, spinach and kale
I decided to end the cleanse with a veggie filled bowl of ramen noodles with a spicy broth – soothing to my throat and an easy transition from juicing.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4-6 sliced mushrooms
- 1 sliced carrot
- 1 sliced leek
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 2 baby bok choi
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Sriraccha to taste (I used 1 tbsp)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 package of ramen (throw out the spice package)
- Sauté the leeks, mushrooms, and carrots in coconut oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tamari, Sriraccha and sesame oil and toss to coat the veggies.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add ramen noodles – submerge in the broth and cook 3-5 minutes until soft and you are able to separate the noodles.
- Add the kale and toss until wilted – don’t overcook the veggies!