This is a great dip to make with leftover BBQ corn on the cob. It’s also a reason to BBQ the corn! We BBQ our corn in the husk, but if you grill yours directly and get char marks even better. Serve this cold on a hot summer day or warm it in the oven until bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 2 corn on the cob, corn sliced off
- 1/2 cup each light cream cheese and sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheese such as cheddar or Monterey Jack (I used a Tex new blend)
- chopped green onions or chives
- chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 TB of lime juice
- Squirt of hot sauce – I used Sriracha
Mix all together in a large bowl.
Taste and adjust seasoning. If serving cold, chill for a few hours. If serving warm, pop in a 375F oven until bubbly and warm. This made enough for my husband and I – but probably good for 4 people. This can easily be doubled or more.
Variation: add a can of crabmeat, and some old bay seasoning – serve warm with pita wedges.